Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Little Piece of Home ... Literally

The July 2008 Issue of Texas Co-op Power Magazine had an article titled Legend of the World’s Littlest Skyscraper. The link doesn't have a photo, but the printed version did.... This building is in my hometown of Wichita Falls, Texas. I remember my Dad telling me this story, and the article matches my memories, so I guess the sources were the same.... Apparently, several investors bought stock in a skyscraper to be built according to a set of blueprints they all signed off on. The building was completed, and only then did everyone realize that the scale of the blueprints was inches, rather than feet. Basically, they owned a really big stairwell by the time it was all said and done.... Just a fun little piece of history I thought I'd share....

1 comment:

wm said...

It's fun to read about it again!
-dear old Dad